Blank Rome’s Investment Management attorneys represent registered investment companies and private investment fund structures and their independent directors/trustees, sponsors and investment advisers, as well as other service providers to the fund industry.
We combine our legal and regulatory know-how with business acumen and broad industry knowledge and experience to provide comprehensive advice, helping our clients navigate the constantly evolving fund industry landscape.
Our Investment Management attorneys have extensive background and experience with a wide range of registered and private investment products, including:
- Open-end and closed-end investment companies, including closed-end interval funds
- Exchange-traded funds (“ETFs”)
- Business development companies
- Alternative investment funds
- Hedge funds and private equity funds
- Venture capital funds
- Co-investment funds and sidecars
- Real estate funds
- Credit funds
- Fund of funds
- Small Business Investment Companies
How We Can Help
As the investment management industry continues to evolve, it has been impacted by shifting investment patterns, increased regulatory scrutiny, and technological developments. Registered and private funds, sponsors, investment advisers, independent board members, and family offices face a continually changing landscape. From uncertainty in the regulatory environment to shifting and volatile markets, every change is both a challenge to meet and an opportunity to seize. Blank Rome provides innovative and effective solutions for clients in the fund industry.
Registered Funds, Board Members & Investment Advisers
We have deep experience in all matters related to the representation of registered funds, their independent directors/trustees, and investment advisers.
We provide innovative, effective, and seamless solutions for clients seeking to access the private investment fund market, from private fund formation and capital raising to post-launch operational matters, compliance and regulatory concerns, and investment activity.
Our family offices practice uses an integrated approach to deliver exceptional planning, formation, and post-incorporation and structuring services focused on growth, high-net wealth, and generational success.
Investment Management - Tax
Our Investment Management tax attorneys are well versed in both the tax and business issues impacting the investment management industry and have substantial experience counseling private and publicly registered investment funds.
What Sets Us Apart
- Our Investment Management attorneys have decades of experience in the investment management industry and are nationally known and recognized for their representation of funds, their independent directors/trustees, and investment advisers of all types and sizes. Each of our clients benefits from our collective knowledge and our insight, judgment, and perspective brought from our work with hundreds of fund groups in the investment management industry over the years.
- While most law firms’ Investment Management practices have capabilities in one area or the other, we have both private fund and public/registered fund attorneys working closely together, which is important in light of the continuing convergence of these two worlds as asset managers explore alternative investment strategies and products.
- We are often called upon to assist in connection with the development of innovative investment products and have extensive experience with unique matters and situations of first impression.
- Our private fund formation clients benefit from our focus on ensuring that their vision is reflected from concept to completion, employing the full breadth of our experience and market knowledge to assist in all stages of fund formation and with complex structuring issues.
- While we count among our clients many established platforms, we are equally committed to positioning the next generation of emerging investment fund managers for long-term success.
- Our Investment Management team collaborates with the firm’s tax, corporate, mergers & acquisitions, compliance & investigations, cross border/international, trusts & estates and finance & restructuring services areas to provide advice as part of a holistic offering. Moreover, our Investment Management team frequently involves members with industry-specific knowledge (in areas as diverse as pharmaceuticals to video games) so that clients benefit not just from our knowledge and experience in investment vehicles but also the industries our fund and family office clients seek to invest in.