Industry Knowledge. Industry Relationships. Industry Advantage.
The energy industry has undergone a paradigm shift in the past decade, requiring businesses to approach energy issues on a strategic level that encompasses not only how to best maximize their understanding of the law, but also how to engage in business, economic, financial, and political strategy initiatives in a dynamic sector with shifting regulatory demands and economic challenges.
Energy companies rely on Blank Rome for our strategic and forward-looking insight into an ever-evolving industry while also understanding their unique business concerns. With more than 60 attorneys practicing across the United States, we are able to offer our clients a full range of energy industry-specific services including:
- regulatory compliance and enforcement
- transactions and due diligence
- disputes in federal, state, and local courts and before regulatory agencies
- internal investigations and compliance programs
- real estate, including leasing and land use
- project finance
- federal and state taxation
- intellectual property
- trade secrets
- strategic policy and government relations
We advise the full spectrum of energy-related clients, including:
- governments and national energy companies
- electric, gas, and water independents and public utilities
- oil, gas, petroleum liquids, and mineral producers
- liquid natural gas (“LNG”) importers, exporters, and storage operators
- pipeline, processing, and distribution companies
- electric transmission companies
- developers and owners of solar, wind, and hydro power facilities
- service providers including engineering, procurement, and construction (“EPC”) and environmental firms
- financial institutions, including major private equity and infrastructure funds
We also advise a broad array of clients on issues relating to storage and disposition of commercial and high-level spent nuclear fuels.
Our attorneys and professionals include:
- a former U.S. Secretary of Energy
- a former Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection and Chief Judge of the Environmental Hearing Board
- several former high-level executives in major integrated oil, chemical, and natural resources companies
- the former General Counsel of a major public utility
- several former officials of the Environmental Protection Agency (“EPA”) and U.S. Department Of Justice (“DOJ”) attorneys.
Our attorneys also provide their insights and intel in monthly articles for The Legal Intelligencer and Forbes; and they are routinely asked to be featured speakers at industry events. They often serve as educators for Continuing Legal Education seminars and webinars.