Stacy D. Phillips
|Los Angeles, CA||v. +1.424.239.3400||f. +1.424.271.9167|
Stacy D. Phillips is a Certified Family Law Specialist and one of the country’s most well-known and respected family law practitioners, having achieved virtually every honor available to a lawyer for her work. Whether representing clients in litigation, mediation or collaborative divorce, Ms. Phillips is known for her skilled persuasion, negotiation, aggressive advocacy, and compassion. She is also an author (including Divorce: It’s All About Control – How to Win the Emotional, Psychological and Legal Wars, ExecuProv Press), sought-after commentator, speaker and writer, and philanthropist. Throughout her career, she has given back through active involvement as a leader and volunteer in community and nonprofit organizations, as well as multiple professional associations.
At Blank Rome, Ms. Phillips represents a wide variety of high-profile and celebrity clients as they undergo the significant and often difficult changes involved in divorce and custody issues. After more than 30 years of practice, she continues to believe in a philosophy she often shares with her clients: “How we treat others, how we conduct ourselves and how we communicate during difficult times, can alter the course of one’s life.” As Ms. Phillips guides her clients through critical transitions in their lives, her focus remains on fostering the best interests of children and families.
In a career filled with extraordinary accolades and accomplishments for both her clients and herself, Ms. Phillips is most proud of her team’s work through their Adopt-A-Center Program. Founded by her former firm Phillips Lerner in 1999 as a way to both give back and support good works, each year the Adopt-A-Center program supports a deserving local nonprofit organization that helps children and families in Los Angeles. Ms. Phillips and her colleagues not only donate and raise money for these worthy organizations, but they also often participate as active volunteers.
Ms. Phillips also assisted in the drafting of California’s Senate Bill 924, which extended the limitations period for victims of domestic violence to sue their abusers in civil court and testified in support of the legislation before the Assembly Judiciary Committee as a family law expert. The bill was enacted into law and is codified as California Code of Civil Procedure Section 340.15.
A comprehensive summary of Ms. Phillips' information, activities, and community involvement is available in a printable PDF format here.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Throughout her career, Ms. Phillips has been actively involved in numerous organizations, committees, and boards that support both the legal industry and her local communities. She is an active member of the Family Law Sections of the American Bar Association, Los Angeles Bar Association, and Beverly Hills Bar Association, and a member of both the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals and the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts.
She is also a member of the International Network of Boutique Law Firms, International Women’s Forum, The Trusteeship, Chancery Club of Los Angeles, and Women Presidents Organization, Los Angeles Chapter. Additionally, Ms. Phillips is the founder and chair of the Advisory Board of the Adopt-A-Center program, launched by Phillips Lerner, and a member of the Super Lawyers Advisory Board.
Since 2012, Ms. Phillips has been a Volunteer Mediator for the Los Angeles Superior Court, selected by then-Family Law Supervising Judge Scott Gordon to team mediate complex cases for the Family Law Court, V.A.S.T. Program (Voluntary Attorney Settlement Team).
- 2003–2016, 2018, Family Law, listed in Best Lawyers in America©
- 2016-2017, "Los Angeles 500 Most Influential People,” listed in Los Angeles Business Journal
- 2010–2011, 2013–2017, “Top 10 Southern California Super Lawyers,” listed in Super Lawyers
- 2012, “Women Leaders in the Law,” listed in The Recorder
- 2007, “Best of the Bar,” listed in Los Angeles Business Journal
- 2006–2017, “Top 100 Southern California Lawyers,” listed in Super Lawyers
- 2006–2017, “500 Leading Lawyers in America,” listed in Lawdragon
- 2005–2017, “Top 50 Women Southern California Lawyers,” listed in Super Lawyers
- 2004–2017, “Los Angeles Super Lawyers” in Family Law, listed in Super Lawyers
- 2003–2017, “Top Women Lawyers (formerly Top Women Litigators),” listed in Los Angeles Daily Journal
- 1991–2017, AV®-Preeminent™, listed by Martindale-Hubbell®
- 1998, “50 Most Powerful Women in Los Angeles Law,” listed in Los Angeles Business Journal
- 1998, “Top 20 Lawyers in Los Angeles Under the Age of 40,” listed in Los Angeles Daily Journal
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.