Unlocking the Secrets of Successful Contracting Longevity: Developing Strategies for Extended Product FSS Placement and Post Award Compliance
Online Virtual Conference
Blank Rome Partner Merle M. DeLancey Jr. will speak at the American Conference Institute (“ACI”) “BIG FOUR” Pharmaceutical Pricing Boot Camp, being held May 25 and 26, 2021, as an interactive, virtual conference.
As conference co-chair, he will provide opening remarks on both days of the conference and provide a recap of day one’s events to kick off day two.
Merle will also co-present “Unlocking the Secrets of Successful Contracting Longevity: Developing Strategies for Extended Product FSS Placement and Post Award Compliance,” on Wednesday, May 26, from 10:10 to 11:10 a.m. EDT.
Topics will include:
- Identifying the agencies entitled to make purchases off the Federal Supply Schedule (“FSS”), and the pricing methodologies associated with each
- Assessing the reasons why government facilities may purchase a product at a higher price than it is listed at on the FSS
- Putting strategies in place to encourage purchases directly from the manufacturer
- Sales to/through Prime Vendors
- Examining how the FSS price is connected to discount benchmarks
- Determining how both FSS schedules and FSS national contracts impact the pricing of a product
- Analyzing the requirements when working with MFC pricing and the criteria associated with it
- Negotiating Customer(s) of Comparability for the Price Reductions-Clause to expand the opportunities of a product when working with FSS customers
- Determining the outcomes of refusal to comply with price reduction clauses
- Properly monitoring active buyers from government agencies
- Ensuring public law pricing policies are upheld to avoid overcharges and any associated penalties
- Addressing payment overcharge requests stemming from purchases at open market prices
- Conditions for modifying product pricing
- Ensuring compliance with reporting requirements
ACI’s “Big Four” Pharmaceutical Pricing Boot Camp is designed to provide attendees with a comprehensive guide to pharmaceutical pricing methodologies used in contracting with the Big Four agencies, as well as best practices for their implementation. Government speakers and leading counsel will walk attendees through the process of obtaining a government contract in the pharmaceutical space, as well as the proper calculations and pricing methodologies that are necessary to engage with the Big Four agencies.
For more information and to register, please visit the event webpage.