Understanding and Analyzing the SEC Investigative Report on Initial Coin Offerings
Lorman Live Webinar
Blank Rome Associate Ariel S. Glasner will present the Lorman live webinar “Understanding and Analyzing the SEC Investigative Report on Initial Coin Offerings” on Thursday, March 29, 2018, from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. EST.
Ariel’s discussion will cover:
- What Are Initial Coin Offerings (“ICOs”)?
- How Are ICOs Structured?
- What Is the Relationship Between ICOs and Cyrptocurrencies?
- What Makes ICOs Attractive—Reasons Why Companies and Investors Pursue ICOs
- Potential Pitfalls of ICOs
- The SEC’s DAO Investigative Report
- The Purpose of the Investigative Report
- The Conclusions of the SEC Investigative Report
- The Investigative Report’s Analysis
- Impact of the Investigative Report
- Subsequent SEC Enforcement Actions
- Implications of Subjecting ICOs to SEC Scrutiny
- Are There Viable Alternatives for ICOs Seeking to Avoid SEC Scrutiny?
- Other Regulators Have ICOs in Their Sights
- CFTC—October 2017 Primer on Virtual Currencies and Subsequent Enforcement Actions
- DOJ—Are There Criminal Cases on the Horizon?
For more information, CLE credit information, or to register, please visit the event webpage.