Taxes Paid by Tax-Exempt Organizations: Impact of Wayfair, 4960 Excise Tax, Property and UBIT
Blank Rome Partner Daniel L. Morgan will present at an upcoming Strafford live webinar, “Taxes Paid by Tax-Exempt Organizations: Impact of Wayfair, 4960 Excise Tax, Property and UBIT,” on Wednesday, September 18, 2019, from 1:00 to 2:50 p.m. EDT / 10:00–11:50 a.m. PST.
This webinar will update tax practitioners and advisers working with tax-exempt entities on the numerous taxes nonprofit organizations may owe. The webinar will cover Wayfair’s effect on sales tax liability, the unexpected reach of the new excise tax on compensation, property tax liability, and unrelated business income tax (“UBIT”). Topics include:
- How Wayfair impacts nonprofit sales and purchases
- Is my nonprofit liable for Section 4960 excise tax?
- Calculating UBIT after tax reform
- Best practices by nonprofits to minimize potential tax liability
- Other potential tax obligations that should be considered by all nonprofits
Dan will be joined on the panel by Tiffany Gourley Carter, Policy Counsel, and David L. Thompson, Vice President of Public Policy, of the National Council of Nonprofits.
For more information and to register, please visit the webinar webpage.