Sports Betting Law 101
Blank Rome Partner Dennis M.P. Ehling will be serve as co-presenter for the Federal Bar Association myLawCLE “Sports Betting Law 101” program, being held Thursday, May 27, 2021, from 2:00 to 4:10 p.m. EDT, as an online webinar. Also available as an on-demand video.
In Dennis’ session, he will discuss a number of the legal and business challenges that accompany the expansion of sports betting across the country, which are in large part a result of the Wire Act and the tradition of primarily state-level regulation of gambling interests. Topics will include:
- State-specific eligibility requirements (including whether sports betting operators must contract with the owner/operator of a retail gaming facility)
- State-specific licensing requirements (including as to who requires licensure, availability of waivers, and licensing fees)
- State-specific technology requirements (including requirements for in-state technical capacity and support functions)
- State-specific tax structures (including differing tax rates in each state)
- The impacts of state-specific requirements on the efficient operation of sports betting businesses and merger & acquisition activity in the sector
CLE credit is available.
For more information, please visit the event webpage.