Securing the Supply Chain—Current Trends and Best Practices
Blank Rome Partner Justin A. Chiarodo, who serves as chair of the firm’s Government Contracts practice group, and Associate Robyn N. Burrows will be co-presenters for the Summer CLE Program online webcast, Securing the Supply Chain—Current Trends and Best Practices, hosted by Blank Rome LLP and the Association of Corporate Counsel’s National Capital Region (“ACC NCR”) on Wednesday, July 21, 2021, from 12:30 to 2:00 p.m. EDT.
About the Program
Government contractors today depend on advanced technology and information systems to support their customers’ missions, yet face a rapidly evolving threat environment, as shown in the SolarWinds, Colonial Pipeline, and Microsoft Exchange attacks. Manufacturing shortages for critical components only magnify these risks.
Recent and coming regulation is setting new standards for government contractor supply chains, and longstanding tools like the Defense Production Act are seeing renewed attention.
This program will cover the current landscape, and what contractors should be considering in preparing for the road ahead, including:
- Issues facing defense and national security supply chains
- Potential supply chain impacts arising under President Biden’s Cybersecurity Executive Order
- Current trends regarding supplier exclusions (e.g., Section 889 of the FY2019 NDAA)
- Risk mitigation strategies for addressing supply chain disruptions and shortages
- Justin A. Chiarodo, Partner and Chair, Government Contracts Practice, Blank Rome LLP
- Robyn N. Burrows, Associate, Blank Rome LLP
- Viet Tran, Senior Counsel, Raytheon Technologies
- Alicia K. Lynch, Senior Vice President and Chief Security Officer at Cognizant
1.5 Hours of VA MCLE credit pending.
To register, please visit the event webpage. Select the code “Speaker-Guest” at registration to attend at no charge.