SEALI 2021 Summer Seminar
Miami Beach, FL
Blank Rome Partner William R. Bennett and Associate Zachary J. Wyatte will serve as speakers at the Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute’s (“SEALI”) 2021 Summer Seminar, being held Thursday, June 24, through Saturday, June 26, 2021, at the Eden Roc Hotel in Miami Beach, Florida. Blank Rome is pleased to be a Diamond Sponsor of this event.
Bill’s session, “The ABC’s of Vessel Arrest and Attachments,” will take place on Friday, June 25, at 10:10 a.m. EDT, and he will be joined by G. Robert Toney (National Maritime Services), Deputy U.S. Marshal David Shimko, and Leanne O’Loughlin (Thomas Miller Americas).
Zach will co-present “Effective Crisis Management and Marine Casualty Response Operations” later that day, at 1:15 p.m. EDT, with Jim Elliot (Teichman Group).
Other sessions include:
- Legal Professionalism
- Recent Maritime Law Developments in the Fifth, Ninth, and Tenth Circuits
- Yacht Acquisition and Ownership Issues: Don’t Ask a Butcher About How to Buy a Diamond
- We’re Not All in the Same Boat: Maritime Multi-Party Liability Under the Collateral Source Rule and McDermott v. AmClyde Progeny
- Cruise Line Crew Claims: Pursuing, Providing, and Defending Maintenance and Cure Claims, and the Modern Role of the Wards of Admiralty Doctrine
- Recent Maritime Law Developments in the Supreme Court and First, Second, Third and Fourth Circuits
- High Tech on the High Seas: New Technology for the Cruise Line Industry, Including High Tech Ethics
- Navigation, Security, and Liability Issues Relating to Emerging Uses of Maritime Autonomous Surface Ships
- Recent Maritime Law Developments in the Eleventh, Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Circuits
Blank Rome Maritime Partner Douglas J. Shoemaker is the immediate past-chairman of SEALI and was integral in organizing this event.
To learn more or register to attend, please visit the event webpage.