Promoting Diversity & Inclusion in Law Firms & Corporations: Disrupting Old Models & Lowering Attrition
The St. Regis Houston
1919 Briar Oaks Lane
Blank Rome Partner Susan L. Bickley will be a speaker at Women in Legal & Corporate Leadership Summit: Houston, part of CenterForce USA’s Women in Law Summit Series. The summit is being held in Houston, Texas, on Wednesday, March 11, 2020, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., with a cocktail reception to follow.
Susan’s session, “Promoting Diversity & Inclusion in Law Firms & Corporations: Disrupting Old Models & Lowering Attrition,” will take place from 8:30 to 9:15 a.m., and she and her co-panelists will explore:
- How can in-house counsel have a direct impact, not only by fostering an inclusive culture within their departments, but also by committing to hiring law firms that employ and promote women and minorities?
- What steps can law firms take, such as rethinking the allocation of origination credit, instituting a gender-diverse committee and third-party oversight of the firm’s practices, and ensuring the firm’s succession plan is gender neutral?
- What can individual counsel do to affect organizational culture?
The Women in Legal & Corporate Leadership Summit explores the obstacles, risks and rewards on the path to a fulfilling and productive career for women in leadership positions, providing networking and learning opportunities on topics such as:
- What are the best strategies for balancing home and work life?
- What does success look like for you and what is the most effective way to bring it to fruition?
- How can we enlist men to become our allies and advocates?
- Are companies doing enough to promote high-potential female employees into leadership positions?
Blank Rome LLP is pleased to be a sponsor of this event.
For more information, please visit the event webpage.