A Process of Inclusion—How Marketers Can Help Law Firms to Successfully Recruit and Retain Diverse Hires
Blank Rome partner Morgan Fraser Mouchette will serve as a panelist for the Legal Marketing Association (“LMA”) webinar, “A Process of Inclusion—How Marketers Can Help Law Firms to Successfully Recruit and Retain Diverse Hires,” hosted by the LMA Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Special Interest Group, on Monday, October 18, 2021.
In this program, an AmLaw 100 chief marketing office, a top national recruiter, and an AmLaw 100 partner share insights on how firms can do better in recruiting and retaining diverse attorneys—and how marketing professionals can help. Sitting in Seattle, Atlanta, and New York, the three speakers bring experience that truly covers the nation.
The conversation will touch on the role of the recruiter and marketing/business development (“BD”) teams and how each can add value in the onboarding and integration processes. In addition, we will dive into pain points and best practices in recruiting and retaining diverse lawyers, as well as how you can help create an inclusive atmosphere within your firm during the lateral integration process.
- Introduce strategies for recruiting and retaining diverse hires, so marketing, BD, public relations, and client service professionals can identify their own opportunities to help.
- Identify what it means to create an inclusive atmosphere for diverse hires, and specifically how marketers can help—or inadvertently hurt—that atmosphere.
- Learn what keeps diverse hires and what drives them away, and where marketing, BD, and client service professionals are uniquely poised to help.
- Deborah Ruffins, Chief Marketing Officer, Perkins Coie
- Carlos Pauling, Executive Director, Partner Practice Group, Major Lindsey & Africa
- Morgan Fraser Mouchette, Partner, Blank Rome
To learn more or purchase a recording of the webinar, please visit the event webpage.