Prenups, Estate Planning and International Considerations: How to Get Them Right from the Outset
Online Live Webinar
Blank Rome Partner Sean R. Weissbart will serve as a speaker for the webinar on “Prenups, Estate Planning and International Considerations: How to Get Them Right from the Outset,” as part of the Estate Planning Council of New York’s Estate Planner’s Day 2020, on September 16, 2020, from 9:00 a.m.‒10:00 a.m. EDT.
The webinar will run as a Q&A with Sean and his fellow panel members addressing the following key questions:
- How do you broach the difficult subject of prenups with your clients?
- In terms of drafting considerations, what are the essential elements? Specifically, how do you address the trust issue from the perspective of definitions of Separate Property and providing full financial disclosure? Also, how do you address international considerations in such documents?
- What are the pitfalls of prenups and what should you avoid?
- How to successfully navigate the negotiations from a psychological perspective?
- How do family/estate attorneys work together to achieve the best result for their clients in a timely manner?
This one-day event will also feature the following panel discussions:
- Oops ‒ Planning Was Not Perfect: Fixing and Preventing Unintended Consequences
- International Estate Planning for the Domestic Advisor
- Impact Investing
- Forensic/Valuation in the Context of Estate Planning and Allegations Fraud
- Should It Stay or Should It Go? Changing Situs, Appointing Successor Trustees and Modifying Irrevocable Trusts