PIPEDA and GDPR: Canadian Versus International Privacy and Security Requirements: What’s Happened to Date and What’s Coming Down the Pipes?
Blank Rome Partner Jennifer J. Daniels will be a guest speaker for the “PIPEDA and GDPR: Canadian Versus International Privacy and Security Requirements: What’s Happened to Date and What’s Coming Down the Pipes?” panel, as part of Infonex's Legal Issues in Privacy & Cyber Security virtual conference, on Wednesday, November 18, 2020, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. EDT.
Jennifer will be joined by Imran Ahmad, Partner at Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP. The session will highlight important features of PIPEDA, including the impact of provincial COVID privacy amendments and provide important insights into the differences between PIPEDA, California Consumer Privacy Act, and GDRP as they impact Canadian businesses.
- What has the impact of the EU’s GDPR been on Canada, one year later?
- What can be expected with the California Consumer Privacy Act coming into force January 1, 2020? One year post-mordem.
- How to reconcile Canadian privacy requirements with international requirements.
- How shifts in the international data protection world affect data protection issues in Canada
- Should you worry about the extraterritorial scope of foreign data protection and privacy laws?
- Best practices when navigating global requirements.
To learn more or to register, visit the conference page.