Optimizing Tax-Free Gifts During the Coronavirus Pandemic and Potential Risks in the Event of Dissolution of Marriage
Online via WebEx
Blank Rome Trusts & Estates Partner Sean R. Weissbart and Matrimonial & Family Law Partner Marilyn B. Chinitz will present the 45-minute webinar Optimizing Tax-Free Gifts During the Coronavirus Pandemic and Potential Risks in the Event of Dissolution of Marriage on Monday, May 11, 2020, from 12:00 to 12:45 p.m. EDT / 9:00 to 9:45 a.m. PDT.
Sean and Marilyn will discuss the benefits of using record-high exemption amounts to make gifts to your loved ones, including:
- Why it may be critical to do so in 2020
- Additional tax savings for using depreciated assets that are likely to rebound
- Strategies to make these gifts without eliminating the possibility of getting your assets back in the future based on changing liquidity needs
- Mitigating potential risks of making these gifts in the event of a divorce.
Topics will include:
- The IRS Estate and Gift Tax system and speculation on its significant reduction in 2021
- Tax strategies to use for depreciating assets
- Strategically navigating the uncertainty of the economic future as a result of COVID-19
- The financial consequences of such gifts if divorce arises in the future
To register and submit questions for the presenters, please go to the registration page.