Nuts and Bolts of Bankruptcy Appeals
Hogan Lovells US LLP
555 13th St. NW
Blank Rome partner Michael B. Schaedle will serve as a panel facilitator at the American Bankruptcy Institute’s (“ABI”) upcoming Bankruptcy 2022: Views from the Bench, being held in Washington, D.C., on Friday, September 23, 2022, from 7:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m., with a cocktail reception to follow.
Mike, an Advisory Board member for the program, will facilitate the “Nuts and Bolts of Bankruptcy Appeals” session, which takes place from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m.
ABOUT THE SESSION
The panel will discuss pre-appeal considerations, final or interlocutory orders, stays pending appeal, perfecting an appeal, appellate briefs, and direct appeals to circuit courts.
- Moderator: Hon. Melanie L. Cyganowski (ret.), Otterbourg P.C. | New York
- Hon. Thomas L. Ambro, U.S. Court of Appeals (3d Cir.) | Wilmington, Del.
- Hon. Dennis R. Dow, U.S. Bankruptcy Court (W.D. Mo.) | Kansas City
- Hon. Scott M. Grossman, U.S. Bankruptcy Court (S.D. Fla.) | Fort Lauderdale
- Hon. Cecilia G. Morris, U.S. Bankruptcy Court (S.D.N.Y.) | Poughkeepsie
- Facilitator: Michael B. Schaedle, Blank Rome LLP | Philadelphia
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This program is a unique opportunity for bankruptcy practitioners to hear from more than 24 sitting and retired bankruptcy judges during a full day of CLE and networking opportunities. This year’s program will include a two-part session on confirmation issues and will cover such timely topics as make-whole provisions, bankruptcy appeals, divisive mergers, and bad-faith arguments. Great Debates, a special conversation on the Supreme Court, and ethics sessions will round out the day’s programming.
Blank Rome is pleased to be a sponsor of this event.
For more information or to register, please visit the event webpage.