Mergers & Acquisitions 2015: Trends and Developments
Blank Rome Partner Eric Simonson will be presenting on several topics at the Practising Law Institute’s (“PLI”) “Mergers & Acquisitions 2015: Trends and Developments” program, which will be held on January 15-16, 2015.
Mr. Simonson will be presenting on January 15 on the following topics:
Advising the Board of Directors (1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m.)
- Directors’ fiduciary duties – trends in the Delaware case law
- Business Judgment Rule
- Importance of independent directors
- Reliance upon third-party advisors and fairness opinions
- Need for special committees
- Enhanced scrutiny
- Considerations applicable to financially distressed companies
Specialized Areas of Concern Applicable to the Transaction (3:15 p.m.–4:15 p.m.)
- Due diligence
- Confidentiality agreements
- Environmental issues, e.g., CERCLA, ECRA, etc., phase one studies
- Antitrust and other regulatory issues
Role Playing – Board of Directors Meeting (4:15 p.m.–5:15 p.m.)
- Role playing to illustrate key elements of the hypothetical transaction
- Board fiduciary duties in auction process
- Comparing strategic alternatives
- The role of the financial advisor at a board meeting
PLI is non-profit continuing legal education organization chartered by the Regents of the University of the State of New York. PLI is dedicated to providing the legal community and allied professionals with the most up-to-date, relevant information and techniques that are critical to the development of a professional, competitive edge.
Attorneys who counsel corporations (both inside and outside) are encouraged to attend. Participants will be eligible for CLE credits, and this program will include a groupcast and a live webcast for those who cannot attend in person. To register to attend or learn more, please click here.