Lock in Estate Tax Benefits before Election Results
Blank Rome Partner and NYU Law Tax Professor Sean R. Weissbart will offer his 30-minute webinar Lock in Estate Tax Benefits before Election Results on demand from Monday, September 28 through Election Day, Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
As we approach Election Day, time is running out to prepare for the potential impact of the results on our nation’s tax laws. In the webinar, Sean will preview how a potential Biden administration might eliminate or reduce currently available estate planning benefits and discusses why the remaining months of 2020 may be your last chance to make increased tax-free gifts.
- Analysis of the Biden-Sanders Unity Task Force’s recommendations and other Biden tax policy proposals related to estate planning;
- Overview of the increased estate and gift tax exemptions currently available under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act signed into law by President Trump;
- General tax benefits of making lifetime gifts;
- Strategic ways to use your exemption in 2020:
- Having your cake and eating it too: making completed gifts to trusts where you can get your assets back (Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts (“SLATs”) and Domestic Asset Protection Trusts (“DAPTs”); and
- Discounting gift tax values through LLCs and retained-interest gifts
To watch the webinar, please go to webinar page and click the Watch the Webinar button.