Lessons for NGOs, Think Tanks, Sovereign Wealth Funds, PR Firms, and More
Hilton Washington DC Capitol Hill
525 New Jersey Ave, NW
Blank Rome Policy & Political Law of counsel Jennifer L. Carrier, who also serves as principal at Blank Rome Government Relations, will speak as a panelist at American Conference Institute’s (“ACI”) 3rd National Forum on FARA—Foreign Agents Registration Act, being held on Thursday, December 9, 2021, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., in Washington, D.C.
Jen’s session, “Lessons for NGOs, Think Tanks, Sovereign Wealth Funds, PR Firms, and More,” will take place from 12:15 to 1:00 p.m. and will cover:
- Navigating registration requirements for to minimize legal liabilities
- Challenges posed by the broad language of the law around “political activities”
- Activities that might trigger an inquiry letter and document request
- Pitfalls to avoid when getting foreign grants or funding for projects
About the Forum
With a sharp increase in FARA cases, it is critical to stay up to speed on the latest DOJ Advisory Opinions on key exemptions and requirements—and their practical implications.
Government speakers include:
- Jay Bratt, Chief, Counterintelligence & Export Control Section, National Security Division, U.S. Department of Justice
- Jennifer Gelliem Chief of the FARA Unit, U.S. Department of Justice
- Heather Hunt, Senior Counsel for FARA Administration, U.S. Department of Justice
For more information and to register, please visit the event webpage.