Insurance Coverage Issues
Sheraton New York Times Square
811 7th Avenue 53rd Street
New York, NY
Blank Rome partner Jared Zola and James R. Murray will speak at Perrin Conferences’ Sexual Abuse Litigation and Coverage Conference, being held in New York, New York, on Thursday, October 28, 2021, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with a networking cocktail reception to follow. Blank Rome is pleased to be a sponsor of the Conference.
Their panel, “Insurance Coverage Issues,” will take place from 2:45 to 3:45 p.m. and will cover:
- Number of occurrences is a significant issue
- Definition of occurrence and trigger of coverage—one perpetrator with multiple victims and multiple incidents.
- Whether negligent supervision/hiring qualifies as an “occurrence” in the first place
- Expected & Intended (severability of interest as to the perpetrator and the organization)
- Definition of bodily injury including if mental anguish is included
- Definition of insured specifically as it may relate to the preparator
- Allocation and “damages”: Spanning multiple policy years so allocation is a challenge
Other conference topics include:
- Trends in Sexual Abuse Litigation and the Status of the Litigation
- Finding and Organizing Coverage
- Settlement and Resolution
- Damages in Sexual Misconduct Cases
- Practical Issues Relating to Liability Insurance with Institutional Insureds in Litigation and Settlement
CLE credits may be available.