How Creditors’ Rights Drive Restructuring Outcomes
PLI New York Center
1177 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY
Blank Rome Partner Rick Antonoff will speak at the Practising Law Institute (“PLI”) conference, Recent Developments in Distressed Debt, Restructurings and Workouts 2019, being held on Thursday, January 31, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at PLI’s New York City Conference Center and via live webcast. Program faculty will provide tactics to be utilized to better protect creditors, including banks, bondholders, hedge funds, and parties in interest, and to maximize values and recoveries.
Rick’s session, “How Creditors’ Rights Drive Restructuring Outcomes,” will be held from 1:45 to 2:45 p.m., and will cover:
- Intercreditor matters
- Types of intercreditor agreements: Multiple tranche, senior/junior, mezzanine, shared collateral; Treatment of Unitranche loans in bankruptcy—Radio Shack
- Challenges to out-of-court restructurings including under section 316(b) of the Trust Indenture Act; EDMC decision update
- Collective action
- Are members of lending syndicates bound by the actions of the agent?
- The ability of individual syndicate members to exercise rights outside the group
- “Loan to own” strategies; golden shares, governance and control rights of creditors
For more information or to register, please visit the event webpage.