Here Comes the Judge: A Mock Trial of Higher Education Insurance Coverage
Sheraton Grand Seattle
Blank Rome Partners Linda Kornfeld and Natasha Romagnoli will speak at the University Risk Management and Insurance Association’s (“URMIA”) 52nd Annual Conference, being held October 16 through 20, 2021, in Seattle, Washington.
Linda and Natasha’s session, “Here Comes the Judge: A Mock Trial of Higher Education Insurance Coverage,” will take place on Tuesday, October 19, from 2:45 to 3:45 p.m. PDT.
About the Session
Enjoy a provocative, intensive, and entertaining look at current issues facing higher education involving insurance coverage litigation presented in a mock trial format. This session will provide perspective from both policyholder and insurer counsel, involving the fictional Prestigious University, with topics ripped from the headlines, and highlights of the twists and turns of high-stakes litigation.
- Learn about higher education insurance coverage complications and issues from real scenarios and realize how your institution’s insurance program may be subject to some of these same complications.
- Understand the litigation from the perspectives of both the policyholder and the insurer counsel.
- Obtain strategies to avoid some coverage litigation issues.
- Nakeschi Watkins, Interim Director, Cornell University
- Gary W. Langsdale, Education Manager, URMIA
- Linda Kornfeld, Vice Chair, Insurance Recovery Practice, Blank Rome
- Natasha Romagnoli, Partner, Blank Rome
To learn more and to register, please visit the event webpage.