Blank Rome Partner Stacy H. Louizos will be a speaker at Practising Law Institute’s (“PLI”) Basics of Mutual Funds and Other Registered Investment Companies 2021, a live webcast being held Wednesday, April 21, 2021, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. EDT.
This program offers a basic overview of the legal, regulatory, and operational issues affecting “registered investment companies” (mutual funds, closed-end funds, exchange-traded funds (“ETFs”), and others), including the fundamentals of the extensive regulatory framework that dictates the structure and operations of retail investment funds as well as hot topics and developments affecting this $13-trillion industry. Speakers will offer insights into regulatory and enforcement developments that could significantly change the landscape of the retail investment management industry.
Stacy’s session, “Fund Anatomy,” will take place from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. EDT and will cover:
- “Independent watchdogs”: the critical role of the fund board
- Sponsoring and managing the Portfolio: the investment adviser
- The supporting cast: other key service providers
- Practical tips on forming and registering a fund
Other program sessions include:
- The Registered Fund Industry: Evolution to Today
- Fund Structures
- Fund Marketing and Sale of Fund Shares
- Fund Litigation
- On the Horizon: How the Changing Environment Will Affect the Way Funds are Structured and Sold
CLE credit may be available.
PLI is a nonprofit learning organization dedicated to keeping attorneys and professionals at the forefront of knowledge and expertise, as well as preparing them to fulfill their pro bono responsibilities.
To register or for more information, please visit the program webpage.