Expert Discovery in State and Federal Court
Blank Rome Partner Leslie D. Corwin will speak at the New York State Bar Association’s 2017 Commercial Litigation Academy, held on May 4-5, 2017, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., at the New York Society of Security Analysts in New York City.
Held once every five years, the Commercial Litigation Academy provides valuable insights on federal and state commercial litigation—from choosing the proper venue through the appellate process. There will be a focus on litigating commercial cases efficiently and the faculty will also discuss key ethical and evidentiary issues confronted by the commercial litigator.
Mr. Corwin’s panel on “Expert Discovery in State and Federal Court” will be held on May 5, from 9:10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Additional program topics include:
- Venue Decisions: State Court vs. Federal Court vs. Arbitration
- Temporary Restraining Orders, Preliminary and Permanent Injunctions, and Orders to Show Cause
- Disclosure and Discovery, including E-Discovery
- Litigating Commercial Cases Efficiently
- Civil Appeals and Argument