Ethical Issues Arising from Media Involvement in Marine Casualties
New Orleans, LA
Blank Rome Partner William (“Bill”) R. Bennett will speak at the Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute’s (“SEALI”) 2019 Summer Seminar, being held Thursday, June 27, through Saturday, June 29, 2019, at the InterContinental New Orleans in Louisiana.
Blank Rome Partner Douglas J. Shoemaker, Program Chair and SEALI Vice-Chairman, will preside over the final day of the program on June 29 and kick off that day’s activities.
Bill’s session, “Ethical Issues Arising from Media Involvement in Marine Casualties,” will take place immediately after, from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m., and he will be joined by Darrell Wilson, MTI Network USA President, and Katharine F. Newman of ConocoPhillips.
Other sessions include:
- Crew Claims & Enforceability of Arbitration Clauses in Marine Contracts
- Criminal Prosecutions and Defenses Relating to Maritime Operations and Activities
- Effects of Insolvency on Maritime Transactions and Rights
- Issues on Marine Insurance Coverage and The Intersection of Marine Insurance and Contractual Indemnity
- Legal Professionalism—Finding True North
- Recent Maritime Law Developments in The Fifth, Ninth and Tenth Circuits
- Recent Maritime Law Developments in The Sixth, Seventh, Eighth and Eleventh Circuits
- Recent Maritime Law Developments in The Supreme Court and First, Second, Third and Fourth Circuits
- Tips and Stories: Putting the Fun Back in Recreational Boat Litigation
- An Update on The Law of Punitive Damages in Maritime Cases