Employment Law Update
Blank Rome Partners Jason E. Reisman and Daniel L. Morgan will present sessions at the DC Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management’s (“SHRM”) annual Employment Law Update, being held as an online event May 25 and 26, 2021.
Jason’s session, “Biden’s Regulatory World—Wage & Hour, DOL, etc.: A New Reckoning?” will take place on Tuesday, May 25 from 12:40 to 1:40 p.m. EDT. Topics to be covered:
- New developments at the Department of Labor and in wage and hour issues and their role in the new administration
- Details on the PRO Act and Pro-Labor Sentiments in D.C., and the National Labor Relations Board
- Predictions for employee relations under the Biden Administration
Dan will co-present “DC Slams the Door on Non-Competes: What Does It All Mean for Employers?” on Wednesday, May 26, from 1:55 to 2:55 p.m. EDT. Topics to be covered:
- What the law requires and how to comply
- Ways to balance protection of business assets including confidential information with greater employee mobility
- Possible remedies for non-compliance including penalties and damages
Other program sessions include:
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Legal Update
- Brighter Days Ahead? Opportunities and Challenges for Employment-Based Immigration
- Employment Law Update: A Look at Developments in the DMV
- Hot Topics in Employee Benefits Compliance
For additional information and to register, please visit the event webpage.