Dining Out: Legal Issues for Restaurants and Their Customers
Pennsylvania Bar Institute CLE Conference Center
100 Penn Square East
and via live webinar
Blank Rome Partner Sophia Lee will present at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s (“PBI”) live CLE webinar, “Dining Out: Legal Issues for Restaurants and Their Customers,” taking place Tuesday, April 2, 2019, from 12:00 to 4:00 p.m., in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The webinar will also be simulcast to Erie, Mechanicsburg, and Media, Pennsylvania, and available as a live webcast.
Sophia’s co-presenters will be David L. Kwass (Saltz Mongeluzzi Barrett & Bendesky PC), Kathryn Goldstein Legge (Legge Law LLC), Alva C Mathe (DLA Piper LLP), and Dr. Palak Raval-Nelson.
- when and why food servicers can be liable to the public and their employees and be held accountable to government agencies
- challenges and legal requirements of starting up a food service business
- insurance coverage issues for the restaurant and customer
- the role of the PLCB
- how social media is changing the restaurant business
- BYOB restaurant issues
- restaurants’ obligation to honor coupons, discounts, etc.
- what food service businesses must disclose to the consumer
- health standards and enforcement for restaurants