The Westin New York at Times Square
New York, NY
Blank Rome partner Sean R. Weissbart will serve as a speaker for NYU School of Professional Studies Tax Conferences in July, being held July 11 through 13, 2022, in New York, New York.
Sean’s session, “Digital Assets,” will take place Tuesday, July 12, from 10:45 to 12:00 p.m., as part of the Introduction to Trusts & Estates conference.
ABOUT SEAN’S SESSION
Rapid changes in technology are challenging an estate planner’s ability to keep pace with them. This presentation discusses federal and state legislation and case law for estate planning with digital assets and a fiduciary’s access and distribution of a decedent’s digital assets. The session includes planning techniques and best practices to ensure a client’s wishes are satisfied and the smooth administration of an estate with digital assets.
Other program sessions include:
- Estate Taxes I: The Nature of The Tax and Understanding the Gross Estate
- Estate Taxes II: The Marital Deduction, Credit Shelter Planning, and Portability
- Estate Taxes III: Other Important Deductions and Elements of Planning with the Charitable Deduction
- Lifetime Transfers and The Federal Gift Tax: The Enduring Wealth Tax
- The Basics of Basis in Estate Planning
- Multi-Generational Planning and the Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax
- Introduction to Income Taxation of Trusts and Estates
- Planning Techniques Using Grantor Trusts
- Transfer Tax Valuation Issues and Their Impact on Family Wealth Planning Options
- State Death Taxes and Fiduciary Income Taxes: Who Said Your Estate or Trust Wasn’t Taxable?
- Inside the Black Box of Estate Administration and Executors’ Elections
- Estate and Tax Planning for Non-US Citizens
- Will You Still Need Me, Will You Still Feed Me, When I’m Sixty-Four?
CLE credit may be available.