Creating and Promoting a Diverse IT Workforce
Westin Times Square
270 W 43rd St
New York, NY
Blank Rome’s Chief Information Officer Andrea Markstrom will speak at the Strategic Information Networking Conference (“SINC”) Northeast Roundtable, “Creating and Promoting a Diverse IT Workforce,” on April 8, 2019, in New York, New York.
The panel discussion will take place from 1:15 to 2:05 p.m., and will include executives from various genders and ethnicities coming together to discuss their background and experience from across multiple industries, recommend mentorship programs and actionable steps to grow a mentor program, balance between personal and professional life and the importance of giving back to local STEM programs to encourage science and math at a younger age. Topics will also include:
- thought leadership and innovation benefiting from diversity
- groups with greater diversity solving complex problems better and faster than homogeneous groups
- 50:50 gender teams being more experimental and more efficient
Andrea will be joined on the panel by:
- Moderator: Isaac Sacolick, CEO & CIO, StarCIO
- Anna Babitsky, Sr. Director Product Delivery, AXA Equitable
- Luisa Renteria, Former Global Lead- Transformation Service Delivery, AIG
- Ijeoma Mbamalu, Asst. Deputy Commissioner Technology, NYC Department of Homelessness
For more information about SINC, please visit their website.