COVID-19: Infecting Employment Issues in Bankruptcy
Four Seasons Hotel
Las Vegas, NV
Blank Rome partner Ira L. Herman will speak at the upcoming American Bankruptcy Institute (“ABI”) 2021 Southwest Bankruptcy Conference, being held August 25 through 27, 2021, in Las Vegas, Nevada, with a virtual option for those who cannot make it to the venue.
Ira’s session, “COVID-19: Infecting Employment Issues in Bankruptcy,” will take place on Thursday, August 26, from 11:15 to 12:30 p.m., and will cover the WARN Act, KERPs and KEIPs, vacation/sick time and the § 507(a)(4) cap, varying state laws on severance claims that are driving the locations of filings, and more.
For the virtual option, this session will be available on demand on Friday, August 27, after 2:30 p.m. MDT.
Other conference sessions include:
- Judicial Roundtable
- Complex Confirmation Issues
- Consumer: Consumer Cases in the Headlines
- Chapter 11 Cases in the Headlines
- Consumer: Nondischargeability, Discharge Injunction Violations and BofA Sanctions
- First Look at Small Business Reorganization Act Cases
- Eight COVID-19 Predictions for a Brave New Bankruptcy World: Hits, Misses and the Unforeseen
- Crossover Ethics Topic: Strategies and Risks of Bankruptcy as a Response to State Court Litigation
CLE credit may be available.
For more information, the complete agenda, and to register, please visit the event webpage.