Capital Gains Planning for Real Estate Transactions: Allocations, Entity vs. Asset Purchases, Tax Elections, IRC 1031
Live Online Webinar
Blank Rome Partner Michael I. Sanders will serve as presenting faculty at the upcoming Strafford live webinar, Capital Gains Planning for Real Estate Transactions: Allocations, Entity vs. Asset Purchases, Tax Elections, IRC 1031, taking place Thursday, August 17, 2021, from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. PDT (1:00 to 2:30 p.m. EDT).
The webinar will provide tax counsel and advisers with a thorough and practical guide to structuring and tax planning strategies specifically for maximizing favorable capital gains tax treatment for real estate transactions. The panel will outline best practices for determining the purchasing entity and review tax planning opportunities to structure the deal and other key tax planning items. Topics include:
- What are the tax implications for buyers and sellers in real estate transactions?
- What are the key considerations for determining the appropriate entity structure for purchasing real estate?
- What are the differences and key issues of entity purchases versus asset purchases?
- How do you handle tax allocations for the buyer and seller?
- What are the pros and cons of making a Section 338 or 754 election?
- How can you utilize 1031 exchanges and QOFs, and what are the current tax rules to consider?
For more information and to register, please visit the webinar webpage.