Black History Month Easel Project: The Legacy of Howard University
Blank Rome LLP
1825 Eye Street NW
On Tuesday, February 28, 2023, Blank Rome’s D.C. office held a gathering of Blank Rome colleagues, clients, and friends for a Black History Month celebration showcasing the rich and remarkable history of Washington, D.C.’s Howard University.
Howard University, a federally chartered, historically Black university, has awarded more than 100,000 degrees in the professions, arts, sciences and humanities and ranks among the highest producers of the nation’s Black professionals in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, engineering, nursing, architecture, religion, law, music, social work, and education.
Created by partner Saminaz Akhter, this annual event, in collaboration with Bank of America, engages clients and Blank Rome colleagues in our Washington, D.C., office who research a topic relating to a selected theme each year and prepare easel boards to be displayed in Blank Rome’s D.C. office. This year, Blank Rome attorneys were paired with in-house counsel to research a specific topic relating to Howard University.
This year’s contributing curators:
- Terrance Pryor, General Motors, with Jennifer Daniels, Blank Rome
- Aditi Prabhu, Constellation Energy, with Brett Snyder, Blank Rome
- Nyotwa Shamapande, Bank of America, with Daniel Funaro, Blank Rome
- Tony Johnson, Bank of America, with Paula Vigo Marqués, Blank Rome
- Virginia Robinson, Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation, with Luke Meier, Blank Rome
Learn more about Blank Rome's Black History Month Easel Project.