Biometrics and Data Privacy: Lesser Known Litigation Trends and Lessons Learned
Blank Rome partner Jeffrey N. Rosenthal will be a speaker at the American Conference Institute’s (“ACI”) 30th Annual National Conference on Employment Practices Liability Insurance, being held as an online event January 25 and 26, 2022.
Jeffrey’s session, “Biometrics and Data Privacy: Lesser Known Litigation Trends and Lessons Learned,” will take place on Wednesday, January 26, from 2:45 to 3:55 p.m. EST.
Litigation under privacy laws protecting individuals’ biometric information has exploded—and will likely continue to increase. During this session, benefit from key updates and emerging trends to monitor.
- Laws regulating the use of biometric data and recent litigation examples: Illinois and BIPA
- Biometric claims that could trigger coverage under D&O policies
- Changes to EPLI cyber policies and coverage for biometric screening
- Emerging biometric technologies that support remote workforce management and potential data privacy risks
- Christopher Williams, Managing Director, Travelers
- Laura R. Lapidus, Management Liability (EPL) Risk Control Director, CNA Insurance
- Jeffrey Rosenthal, Partner, Team Lead, Biometric Privacy, Blank Rome LLP
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
This annual conference is the one-stop, must-attend meeting place for employment law experts to discuss and debate the latest, most effective defense strategies and emerging trends. Hear from a wide variety of speakers and industry sectors about liability, claims risk, and EPLI cost analysis as well as lessons learned from recent trial outcomes. Carefully researched with in-house decision makers and leading law firms, this forum provides expanded 1:1 networking and benchmarking opportunities—new interactive sessions, Q&A with in-house executives, and worthwhile time to expand connections.
This year’s highlights:
- Back-to-the-Office Dilemmas: How Employers and Insurers are Addressing Evolving Risks Around Vaccine Discrimination and Retaliation Claims
- The Risk-Benefit Equation for Remote Work: New Considerations for Job Performance Tracking, Disability and Harassment Claims, and Cyber/Data Protection
- State of the EPLI Market: Insurance Carriers and Brokers Discuss the Impact of Biden Administration Priorities, the Pandemic, and the Anticipated Rise in Claims
- Heightening Boardroom Diversity and Inclusion: Legal, Investment, and Reputational Issues that Are on the Line
- “The Great Resignation”: A New Blueprint for Drafting, Updating, and Enforcement amid Unprecedented Office Turnover Use & Enforcement of Post-Employment Restrictive Covenants
CLE credit is available.
For more information and to register, please visit the event webpage.