“Big Four” 101: An Introduction to Key Agencies, Applicable Programs, and Pricing Methodologies
Online Virtual Conference
Blank Rome Partner Merle M. DeLancey Jr. will speak at the American Conference Institute (“ACI”) “BIG FOUR” Pharmaceutical Pricing Boot Camp, being held May 20 and 21, 2020, as an interactive, virtual conference.
Merle will co-present the pre-conference workshop, “‘Big Four’ 101: An Introduction to Key Agencies, Applicable Programs, and Pricing Methodologies,” on Wednesday, May 20, from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m., with Melodee Snoke-Bullock (Senior Auditor, Office of Inspector General/Contract Review, Department of Veterans Affairs) and Mark Myers (Director, Healthcare Resources Division, VA Office of Inspector General, Office of Contract Review).
This session will introduce attendees to the laws, regulations, and pricing methodologies utilized by the “Big Four” agencies in formulary determinations and securing contracts and provide an overview to prepare attendees for the more in-depth discussions that will take place throughout the conference.
Topics will include:
- Identifying the “Big Four” agencies
- The Federal Acquisition Regulation and its relation to government procurement and “Big Four” contracting
- Exploring the Department of Veterans Affairs’ delegated authority in relation to FSS pharmaceutical contracts
- Determining the mechanics of FSS contracts and the schedules associated with it
- Examining reporting requirements when contracting with the “Big Four”
- Examining the treaties by which GSA/FSS contracts are bound
- Identifying FSS eligible entities
- Complying with FSS clauses regarding socioeconomic programs
- Entering into the Master Agreement and a Pharmaceutical Pricing Agreement
- Introduction to the non-FAMP and FCP calculations
- Exploring the Veterans Health Care Act of 1992
- Examining terms which fall under each discount program
- Analyzing the Federal Supply Schedule related to government contracting in the pharmaceutical space
- Identifying key pricing terms related pricing within government pharmaceutical programs
- Assessing the functions of the PHS 340B program and identifying qualified entities under the Affordable Care Act
- The relationship of OBRA to Medicaid rebate
ACI’s “Big Four” Pharmaceutical Pricing Boot Camp is designed to provide a critical understanding of pharmaceutical pricing methodologies used in contracting with the Big Four agencies, as well as best practices for their implementation. Speakers will walk attendees through the process of obtaining a government contract in the pharmaceutical space, as well as the proper calculations and pricing methodologies which are necessary to engage with the Big Four agencies.
For more information or to register, please visit the event webpage.