AWP (Average Wholesale Price) and WAC (Wholesale Acquisition Cost): What You Need to Know
Blank Rome Partner Merle M. DeLancey Jr. will serve as a presenter for Rx Drug Pricing & Rebate Fundamentals, an American Conference Institute (“ACI”) Virtual Proficiency Series program being held November 1 through December 1, 2021.
Merle’s presentation, “AWP (Average Wholesale Price) and WAC (Wholesale Acquisition Cost): What You Need to Know,” part of the Week 1 Drug Pricing and Rebate Essentials and Introduction to Medicaid agenda, will take place on Monday, November 1, at 2:10 p.m. EDT. Topics include:
- How is AWP calculated?
- When is AWP still used?
- What is included in WAC, and when?
- Defining the relationship between AWP and WAC
- What are their roles in the calculation of Medicaid rebates?
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
ACI’s Rx Drug Pricing & Rebate Fundamentals is an intensive training program that will give novices and experienced practitioners alike a thorough understanding of core pricing competencies and applicable changes in the reimbursement structures of key payor programs.
Sessions will be held Monday and Wednesday afternoons over the course of four weeks and examine:
- Drug Pricing and Rebate Essentials and Introduction to Medicaid
- Medicare Pricing and Rebate Essentials, and VA and DoD Rx Pricing and Rebates
- PHS 340 B and Advanced CMS Pricing and Rebate Topics
- Pricing and Reimbursement for New Products and Therapies
For more information and to register, please visit the event webpage.