Another Date with the Supremes?
St. Paul, Minnesota
Blank Rome Partner Deborah Skakel will be speaking at the Center for Alcohol Policy’s 11th Annual Alcohol Law and Policy Conference, being held October 9 through 11, 2018, in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Debbie’s panel, “Another Date with the Supremes?” will take place Thursday, October 11, from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. and will discuss current challenges to alcohol laws across the country and the future treatment of alcohol law litigation. The last time the United States Supreme Court considered a 21st Amendment issue was in 2005 and two-thirds of the Court has changed since then. There are numerous cases at the circuit court level that may end up before the Supreme Court.
Debbie’s co-panelists will be:
- Moderator: Brannon Denning, Associate Dean and Professor, Cumberland School of Law; Center for Alcohol Policy Advisor
- Paul Pisano, Senior Vice President, Industry Affairs & General Counsel, National Beer Wholesalers Association
- John Neiman, Appellate Group Chair, Maynard Cooper Gale
The conference will bring together attorneys, current and former alcohol regulators, academic thought leaders, public health advocates, state legislators and other experts to discuss and debate current alcohol laws and challenges. The keynote speaker will be Minnesota Attorney General Lori Swanson and other sessions will include:
- Brave New World of Age Verification
- State of the States
- High-Risk Drinking on College Campuses
- (Happy) Hoppy Trails
- Toward Marijuana Control
- Can I (Anti)trust You?
- Trade Practices Update
For more information or to register, please visit the event webpage.
To view video footage of the conference, please click here.