Analysis of State Drug Transparency Laws
Blank Rome Partner Merle M. DeLancey Jr. will serve as a panelist for Rx Drug Pricing & Rebate Fundamentals, an American Conference Institute (“ACI”) Virtual Proficiency Series program being held November 1 through December 1, 2021.
Merle’s segment, “Analysis of State Drug Transparency Laws,” part of the Week 1 Drug Pricing and Rebate Essentials and Introduction to Medicaid agenda, will take place on Wednesday, November 3, from 3:15 to 4:00 p.m. EST. This segment will explore the rise of state transparency laws across the country and how they are working in conjunction with government payor programs. Topics include:
- Manufacturer notifications and justifications requirements from the manufacturer
- Enforcement and actions taken under existing laws
- Addressing challenges with and finding solutions for reporting under non-uniform and sometimes conflicting state laws
- Can a state request supplemental rebates within these models?
- If the rebate is denied, can the state exclude the drug from Medicaid coverage?
- Developing a system to keep track of these laws as well as a compliance program to address them
- Impact of transparency laws on Medicaid pricing
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
ACI’s Rx Drug Pricing & Rebate Fundamentals is an intensive training program that will give novices and experienced practitioners alike a thorough understanding of core pricing competencies and applicable changes in the reimbursement structures of key payor programs.
Sessions will be held Monday and Wednesday afternoons over the course of four weeks and examine:
- Drug Pricing and Rebate Essentials and Introduction to Medicaid
- Medicare Pricing and Rebate Essentials, and VA and DoD Rx Pricing and Rebates
- PHS 340 B and Advanced CMS Pricing and Rebate Topics
- Pricing and Reimbursement for New Products and Therapies
For more information or to register, please visit the event webpage.