Alleged Misappropriation of Trade Secrets and Confidential Information Counseling and Litigation
Blank Rome Partner Mara B. Levin will be a panelist at the New York City Bar Association’s webinar Alleged Misappropriation of Trade Secrets and Confidential Information Counseling and Litigation, being held Wednesday, November 18, 2020, from 12:00 to 1:45 p.m. EST as a live webcast.
Mara and her co-panelists will examine how the Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016 has impacted trade secret litigation, whether the statute seems to be accomplishing the objectives articulated by its proponents, and its pros and cons. They will also examine the viability of state law trade secret claims and other intellectual property litigation which is sometimes commenced when employees join a competitor. Topics include:
- What is the difference between trade secrets and confidential information?
- What to do when the organization has reason to believe an employee may have taken confidential information or an employee has given notice
- When is a forensic investigation undertaken?
- Exit interviews
- Letters to be sent
- When to use a third-party vendor for the remediation
- Possible resolution pre-litigation
- Litigation issues
- Whether to sue successor employer for tortious interference with contract, aiding and abetting a breach of fiduciary duty, and unfair competition
- Issues for successor employer
CLE credit may be available.
For more information or to register, please visit the event webpage.