ADA & the Internet: A 2022 Web Accessibility Legal Update
Blank Rome partner Charles S. Marion will serve as a speaker for ADA & the Internet: A 2022 Web Accessibility Legal Update, a free live webinar hosted by UsableNet and Blank Rome LLP on Wednesday, June 22, 2022, at 12 noon EDT.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
It’s well known that physical access to brick-and-mortar locations must meet the Americans with Disabilities Act’s (“ADA”) standards of accessibility. But when it comes to the ADA and the Internet, businesses have not received the same level of guidance from the Department of Justice about standards or requirements for websites and apps.
This webinar will help those who work for a company doing business over the Internet better understand what the courts have said about how the ADA applies to the Internet, the impact on their business, and what they can do to reduce the risk of receiving an ADA-based lawsuit for their website or app.
- How the courts are applying ADA to the Internet
- How the ADA is impacting real companies doing business online in 2022—cases and trends in lawsuits
- What the courts have said and why businesses with physical locations and websites may be more likely to receive lawsuits
- What businesses can do right now to improve accessibility to prevent future lawsuits
- Chuck Marion, Partner, Blank Rome LLP
- Jason Taylor, Chief Innovation Strategist and Advisor to the CEO, UsableNet
For more information and to register, please visit the event webpage.