In 2006, we established the Blank Rome Diversity Scholars Program to attract outstanding diverse law students, exemplifying our Firm's tangible commitment to the attainment and advancement of diverse professionals within the legal community at large.
Blank Rome's diversity scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic achievement, demonstrated leadership, community service, work experience, and commitment to the practice of law. Each scholar is teamed up with a Blank Rome partner and an associate, who serve as mentors for the duration of the summer program.
Each year, our Firm invites 1L (day) and 2L (evening) law students to apply to our New York, Philadelphia, or Washington, D.C., offices. Students selected to participate in the program will be awarded:
- A 10-week salaried summer associate position in our highly regarded Summer Associate Program.
- A $15,000 scholarship. The scholarship will be paid in two installments: 1) $7,500 for the Scholar’s second-year tuition and expenses, payable in August, provided the student has received and accepted an offer to join the Summer Associate Program on a full-time basis for the following summer; and 2) another $7,500 toward the Scholar’s third year of law school, provided the student receives and accepts an offer to return to Blank Rome as a full-time associate after graduation.
Any first-year day and second-year evening law student who meet the following requirements may apply to the BR Scholars Program in the New York, Philadelphia, or Washington, D.C., offices:
- Belong to one or more of the racial/ethnic groups set forth by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, are a part of the LGBTQ+ community, and/or have demonstrated a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion in their communities;
- Possess excellent academic and personal achievements; and
- Express commitment to bringing diverse perspectives and experiences to the Firm.
You will need to provide the following documents in your application:
- Current Resume
- Copy of your complete undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) school transcripts
- Copy of your law school transcript that includes Fall 2019 grades (If your final Fall 2019 transcript is unavailable at the time of application, please only upload your undergraduate transcript. Once you submit your application, you will be emailed a link to access and update your application with your complete law school transcript.)
- Two-page essay, answering the following question: How does your personal experience with diversity shape your legal career goals, and how you envision your role in the community?
We are no longer accepting applications for the Blank Rome Diversity Scholars Program.
California residents can understand the Personal Information we collect and their privacy rights and choices by reviewing our Employee Privacy Notice for California Residents.
Please direct questions to email@example.com.