In 2006, we established the Blank Rome Diversity Scholars Program to attract outstanding diverse law students, exemplifying our Firm's tangible commitment to the attainment and advancement of diverse professionals within the legal community at large.
Blank Rome's diversity scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic achievement, demonstrated leadership, community service, work experience, and commitment to the practice of law. Each scholar is teamed up with a Blank Rome partner and an associate, who serve as mentors for the duration of the summer program.
Each year, our Firm invites 1L (day) and 2L (evening) law students to apply to our New York, Philadelphia, or Washington, D.C., offices. Students selected to participate in the program will be awarded:
- A 10-week salaried summer associate position in our highly regarded Summer Associate Program.
- A $15,000 scholarship. The scholarship will be paid in two installments: 1) $7,500 for the Scholar’s second-year tuition and expenses, payable in August, provided the student has received and accepted an offer to join the Summer Associate Program on a full-time basis for the following summer; and 2) another $7,500 toward the Scholar’s third year of law school, provided the student receives and accepts an offer to return to Blank Rome as a full-time associate after graduation.
To apply for the 2019 Blank Rome Scholars Program, please access the application using the following attachments. Please limit your application to one office only. If we receive multiple applications, we will only consider your application in the first office received.
- 2019 Blank Rome Scholars New York Application
- 2019 Blank Rome Scholars Philadelphia Application
- 2019 Blank Rome Scholars Washington, D.C. Application
We request that all applications be submitted electronically.