Are You Ready for the 2013 10-K/Proxy Season?
Blank Rome LLP Marvin Comisky Conference Center One Logan Square 130 N. 18th Street Philadelphia PA 19103
January 31, 2013
Please join us for a complimentary seminar on Thursday, January 31, 2013 from 1:00-4:00pm* at Blank Rome's Marvin Comisky Conference Center
The seminar will present panels addressing the following topics:
Compensation Committee Issues in 2013
- 2013 Compensation Trends
- Role of the Compensation Committee under New NYSE and NASDAQ Rules
- Evaluating Conflicts of Interest with Compensation Consultants
- Hedges and Pledges of Stock
- Board Compensation Issues
ISS Voting Policies
Practical Tips for the 10-K/Proxy Season
- How to Deal with Shareholder Proposals and Disruptive Shareholders at Meetings
- How to Succeed in "Say on Pay" and "Say When On Pay" Proposals
- Common SEC Comments on Proxy Statements
- Hurricane Sandy, Political Contributions and Cybersecurity Disclosures
FCPA Risk Factor and Iran-Related Disclosures
Hot Topics for Public Companies
- New Auditors' Standards of Communication with Audit Committees
- Surprise! You May Be Subject to Conflict Mineral Rules
- 10b5-1 Plans Are under the Microscope
- Importance of Social Media Policies
- Jeffrey Bacher, Principal, Compensation, Buck Consultants
- Yelena Barychev, Partner, Blank Rome LLP
- Peter Bible, Partner, EisnerAmper
- Francis E. Dehel, Partner, Blank Rome LLP
- Valerie Ho, Vice President Compensation, Research Operations, ISS Governance
- Frederick D. Lipman, Partner, Blank Rome LLP and President, Association of Audit Committee Members, Inc.
- Melissa Palat Murawsky, Partner, Blank Rome LLP
- Michael E. Plunkett, Partner, Blank Rome LLP
- Brad L. Shiffman, Partner, Blank Rome LLP
- Nancy A. Smith,Senior Counsel and Assistant Corporate Secretary, Lincoln Financial Group
- Jane Storero, Vice President, Deputy General Counsel, Secretary and Assistant Treasurer, Pepco Holdings, Inc.
This seminar has been approved for 3 Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits in DE, NJ, NY, and PA.
Participation in this program will earn 3.5 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits. Instructional delivery method is Group‐Live, and no prerequisite field of study or advanced preparation for this Basic Level course is required. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as refunds, complaints and cancellations, please contact Nicole Benner at (215) 988‐3072. Blank Rome LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
*Registration begins at 12:30 p.m., cocktail reception at 4:00 p.m. Lunch will be served.