Blank Rome’s real estate group has adapted to the fluctuating trends of the market without losing sight of the time-tested foundations of property law and practice.
Whether we are handling a multibillion dollar portfolio transaction or a single-property deal, we help clients achieve their objectives by identifying and addressing risks, developing strategies, and critically evaluating financing and capital sources. Our clients benefit from a large, diverse real estate team with deep bench strength and can also draw upon the knowledge and experience of lawyers specializing in private and public finance, tax law, corporate law, bankruptcy, and litigation.
Blank Rome’s attorneys have extensive experience handling all facets of real estate, including:
Our Awards & Recognition
- Ranked in Chambers USA in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013, and recognized as a leading real estate practice offering a diversity of expertise ranging from transactional work to zoning and land use matters. Sources tell Chambers that Blank Rome:
- “Provides the highest quality legal advice in a business-oriented and cost-effective manner. A go-to team of excellent practitioners that is well known for its real estate expertise.”
- “They are accessible, available and effective, and they got the job done. They’re experienced, smart and competent.”
- Recognized in Real Estate Alert for handling some of the largest domestic deals in 2012, including:
- The 1st and 6th largest retail portfolio transactions in 2012
- The 2nd and 4th largest industrial property transactions in 2012
- The 8th and 18th largest multifamily transactions in 2012
- The 23rd largest single-property retail transaction in 2012
- Recognized as a “Top Issuer Counsel” for U.S. commercial mortgage-backed securities (“CMBS”) by Commercial Mortgage Alert in February 2013.
- developers and homebuilders
- entrepreneurial real estate companies and individuals
- financial institutions
- government entities
- higher education institutions
- hotel, hospitality, and leisure companies
- housing authorities
- landlords and tenants
- office building owners
- private equity funds
- public, private, and nonprofit companies
- retail and shopping center owners
- sports franchises
Additionally, we have extensive experience in managing real estate issues for clients in the energy, affordable housing, healthcare, and education industries.
- Represented DRA Advisors in numerous transactions, including:
- A joint acquisition of an industrial property portfolio of 110 facilities in three states for $600 million. The deal was one of the biggest transactions for the U.S. industrial market in 2012.
- The acquisition of 14 multifamily communities in Arizona, Florida, Texas, and Virginia from UDR, Inc. and its subsidiaries for $477 million. The transaction was one of the largest multifamily transactions in 2012.
- The acquisition of an industrial portfolio of 52 industrial properties in five states for $382.4 million. The transaction is recognized by Real Estate Alert as one of the largest industrial-property transactions in 2012.
- Represented Simon Property Group, the largest mall operator in the United States, in the $1.5 billion purchase of the remaining interests in its joint venture partner, for 26 U.S. shopping malls across 17 states. The transaction was the largest retail portfolio transaction in 2012.
- Represented Toll Brothers Inc. in a $77 million venture to construct a seven-building apartment complex consisting of 398 apartments on 20 acres of land.