Blank Rome chemical attorneys provide experienced counsel to our industry clients to assist them in the expansion, development, and protection of their business and companies. We help promote and protect the vital interests of many of the chemical industry’s leading manufacturers, distributors, and transporters.
- Advised multinational manufacturers on compliance with the new chemical security regulations.
- Conducted internal investigations for terminals, chemical manufacturing facilities, and pipeline operators related to allegations of noncompliance with environmental and transportation requirements.
- Representation of pharmaceutical and chemical manufacturers as well as private equity investors and hedge funds in multimillion dollar transactions involving chemical companies, mining operations, shipyards, etc., in which environmental risks and liabilities were critical to the structure of the transaction and investment analysis, as well as stockholder approvals.
- Representation of a large government defense contractor in a RCRA enforcement proceeding, representation of a large chemical manufacturer in a multimedia enforcement inquiry, representation of a marine transportation company in a Clean Air Act enforcement proceeding, representation of a private healthcare company in a Clean Air Act asbestos enforcement matter, and representation of a shipyard owner in a EPCRA enforcement proceeding.
- Representation of public and private entities in multiparty state and federal litigation involving cost-recovery and indemnity claims as well as contribution claims for contamination and remediation being conducted under Superfund and RCRA, as well as similar state laws.
- Representation of an exclusive sales representative of hydraulic fracturing material in a tortious interference suit to enforce rights under a commissioned sales agreement, resulting in a $7 million pre-trial settlement in one action and an $8 million verdict in a trial of second action.
Blank Rome is the first law firm accepted by the American Chemistry Council (“ACC”) as a member of the Friends of Responsible Care® (“FoRC”) program, in recognition of our success in providing legal advice and counsel to chemical industry clients.
- Environmental Compliance and Enforcement Counseling
- Commercial, Corporate, and Patent Litigation
- Toxic Tort Litigation
- Transactional Management and Counseling
- State and Federal Taxation and Strategies to Minimize Adverse Financial Impacts
- Hazardous Materials Transportation
- Patent and Trademark Counseling
- Labor Law and Employment Counseling
- International Trade, Including Export and Import Controls and Regulations
- Internal Corporate Investigations and White Collar Criminal Defense