Blank Rome’s employment attorneys represent and defend clients in whistleblower and retaliation disputes under state and federal law throughout the United States. The Group has significant experience in navigating the complex issues which arise when whistleblower complaints occur. Our client teams dealing with these issues often include lawyers from the Firm’s White Collar Defense & Investigations Practice Group to assist, by way of example, with criminal and securities law issues. We also draw upon the resources of our affiliate, Blank Rome Government Relations LLC, a team of top lobbying and strategic communications professionals with first-hand knowledge of federal, state, and local legislative and administrative processes, to help solve client problems where legal remedies may be inadequate.
What We Do
- Preventative Counseling
- Advise clients on the design and implementation of internal compliance programs.
- Conduct audits and compliance training.
Internal Corporate Investigations
- Investigate whistleblower complaints on behalf of clients.
- Advise on actions to avoid or mitigate damage to the client’s reputation.
- Effectively negotiate with government regulators and prosecutors.
- Navigate issues of privilege and confidentiality.
- Represent clients in administrative proceedings before state or federal agencies.
- Defend clients in lawsuits in various state and federal courts across the country.
What Makes Our Practice Different
- We understand the unique implications of whistleblower complaints to our clients, and we act to avoid or minimize reputational and business harm.
- We have a team with the knowledge, experience, and resources to manage these situations effectively, decisively, and with sensitivity.
- Development of comprehensive compliance program for global healthcare company to protect against potential liability from whistleblower complaints.
- Representation of various companies in investigating compliance complaints involving allegations of various fraudulent activities, including bribery, kickbacks, illegal inducements, workplace safety violations, public safety abuses, tax evasion, conflicts of interest, self-dealing, and other forms of misconduct.
- Defense of several companies in lawsuits involving allegations of retaliatory discharge in violation of state and federal whistleblower protection laws.