Blank Rome’s employment, benefits and labor attorneys regularly develop, implement and conduct training programs on employment-related issues for employers across the United States. Our training has proven to dramatically reduce litigation for our clients. Training is customized to address the specific issues and needs of each client and is tailored to executives, management and front-line supervisors as appropriate.
What We Do
Training topics include:
Legal Compliance—Programs providing definitive guidance on obligations of employers and employees under a myriad of labor and employment laws with analysis of recent legal trends and case law decisions:
- Hot Topics & Legal Updates in Employment Law—Cutting Edge Trends
- Anti-Discrimination/Anti-Harassment Training
- Sarbanes-Oxley and Business Ethics Guidelines
- Litigation Avoidance
- Compliance with Anti-Harassment Laws/Workplace Respect
- Supervisory Training—Harassment in the Workplace
- Employee Training—Harassment in the Workplace
- FMLA/ADA/Workers’ Compensation—Intersection of Leave Laws
- Amendments to ADA and FMLA
- Healthcare Reform
Labor Law—Programs designed to address traditional labor issues, from avoiding union activity to managing a workforce in a unionized environment:
- Union Avoidance
- Management Training on Pro-Employment Environment and Union Avoidance
- Supervisor Roles and Responsibilities in Union and Non-Union Environment
- Wage Compliance Management Training in Preparation for Union Elections
- Labor Relations Board Elections—Supervisor Guidelines
- National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)
- Managers Guide to Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Grievance Handling Techniques Training
Employee Relations—Programs designed to help minimize risk and maximize efficiencies in employment relationships:
- Managing the Employment Relationship—From Dating to Divorce
- Affirmative Action Plan Implementation and Compliance
- Pre-Employment Inquiries and Hiring Practices
- Hiring and Employment Decisions—Proper Inquiries and Consistent Evaluations
- The Hiring Process—Legal Considerations
- Drug Testing—Overview and Strategy
- Workplace Accommodations Training (Religious and Disability)
- Performance Management
- Immigration Laws and E-verify, Contractor Considerations
- Diversity—The Changing Face of America’s Workforce
- Best Employment Practices
- Electronic Workforce
- Social Media Policy
- Conducting Investigations—Guidelines for Effective Investigations
- Respectful Workplaces and Anti-Violence in the Workplace
Benefits—Programs designed to inform clients about regulatory developments and best practices:
- Benefits 101—An Introduction to State and Federal Laws
- Fiduciary Duty Under ERISA
- COBRA—The Basics and Beyond
- Executive Compensation—Recruiting, Selecting and Retaining Top Talent
- Benefits Considerations in an Economic Downturn
What Makes Our Practice Different
- Focus on client specific industry and employment issues in a pragmatic and preventive manner.
- Utilization of experienced legal team to produce and present programs.
- Use of a multidisciplinary approach to incorporate global compliance recommendations.
- Practical Solutions to New Trends and Developments in Employment Law—Annual CLE Program
- Hot Topics in Employment, Benefits and Labor—A Four-Part Series Webinar
- Year in Review
- Benefits Update
- Immigration Enforcement and Worksite Compliance
- Handling Reductions in Force and Compensation Issues Related to Layoffs
- New Challenges for Employee Benefits at Tax-Exempt Organizations—Are You Prepared for the Change?
- Designed and conducted national employee-executive training programs to prevent harassment in the workplace.
- Created and conducted a national training program to cover complete employment relationship—from job posting through job termination or retirement.
- Developed interactive anti-discrimination training program for all managers and supervisors of a company with operations in six states.
- Provided best practices training to policyholders of employment practices liability carrier.
- Developed and conducted overall compliance training at all domestic locations of public manufacturing company over several years.