Blank Rome’s employment, benefits, and labor attorneys assist clients in corporate transactions, including mergers, stock sales, asset sales, bank loans and bankruptcies. Our lawyers participate in client teams working closely with our corporate and tax attorneys in transactional engagements. Given the strength of the Firm’s corporate practice, our attorneys are constantly engaged in the complex issues which arise in corporate transactions and are experienced in finding ways of adding value to help achieve client deal objectives.
What We Do
- Perform due diligence on all employment, benefits, and labor issues.
- Identify strategic opportunities to add value to deal arrangements.
- Handle the complex employment, benefits and labor issues that can arise in corporate transactions, including appropriate representations and warranties, worker termination or transfer issues, union representation and agreement issues, pension withdrawal liability, merger or termination of benefit plans, COBRA, wage and hour classification and liability, and legal and government compliance.
- Draft and negotiate executive employment agreements, restrictive covenant agreements, and other forms of employment agreements.
What Makes Our Practice Different
- A dedicated client team approach efficiently providing clients with the combined knowledge to ensure successful completion of transactions.
- An entrepreneurial philosophy emphasizing understanding our clients’ businesses, appreciating client goals, and finding solutions to achieve these objectives.
- Vast experience with all types of transactions in a variety of industries.
- Provided transactional advice to a leading private equity firm in connection with its $120 million acquisition of a company that is a recognized global leader in providing technical solutions, high-value products and services to the global marine industry with operations in 47 countries and servicing customers in 98 ports around the world.
- Provided transactional advice to a NASDAQ-listed, global provider of supply chain solutions to the wireless industry in its acquisition of the U.S. operations and Miami-based Latin America business of another wireless company.
- Provide ongoing transactional advice to a large publicly traded company in connection with all of its acquisitions.
- Provide ongoing transactional advice to a specialty retailer of arts, crafts and floral merchandise, with 135 stores in the Eastern United States.
- Provide acquisition-related transactional advice to a leading provider of accounts receivable services, including the integration of benefits programs of the acquired entities with the plans sponsored by our client.