|Washington, DC||v. +1.202.772.5966||f. +1.202.572.8361|
Joseph Click practices primarily in the area of complex commercial litigation. He has extensive experience in the following areas:
- federal and state securities laws
- federal regulatory issues including False Claims Act matters
- corporate and partnership law
- Medicare-Medicaid fraud
- shipping law
Mr. Click was a staff attorney for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He was also a staff attorney in the Appellate Litigation Group of the General Counsel's Office of the Securities and Exchange Commission, where he represented the SEC before the U.S. district courts and courts of appeals in cases presenting novel and complex securities law issues.
- Senior officers of physician practice management company in parallel state and federal court securities lawsuits.
- Officers and directors of generic pharmaceutical company in parallel state shareholders' derivative lawsuit and federal securities class action lawsuit.
- Holding company for diverse manufacturing companies and its officers in federal securities class-action lawsuit.
- Officers of automotive components manufacturer in federal securities class-action lawsuit.
- An aerospace defense contractor in a False Claims Act qui tam lawsuit seeking $130 million in treble damages.
- A shipyard in a False Claims Act qui tam lawsuit seeking $1.5 billion in treble damages with respect to the construction of Navy vessels.