Kenneth L. Bressler
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5203||f. +1.917.332.3740|
Ken Bressler is a litigator with 30 years of hands-on experience. In addition, Ken counsels companies on general business matters and conducts due diligence reviews of intellectual property assets for private equity, IPO’s, M&A and financings.
- Defending Chinese mobile phone manufacturer ZTE in multi-patent infringement action in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Obtained a dismissal of a case brought against several multi-platform funds holding senior secured positions in a bankrupt company by a junior creditor that the funds breached various contracts by receiving a security interest in certain of the company's assets as collateral for debtor-in-possession financing.
- A favorable Markman Opinion leading to a concession of non-infringement on behalf of the defendants in BuyerLeverage Email Solutions, LLC v. SBC Internet Services, Inc., AT&T Services, Inc., Comcast Cable Communications LLC, Microsoft Corporation, Time Warner Cable, Inc., Yahoo! Inc., and Return Path, Inc., and an assessment of costs.
- An appellate decision setting the law for divided infringement in system claims, as well as a reversal of summary judgment on behalf of the plaintiff in Centillion Data Systems, LLC. V. Qwest Communications International, Inc.
- A summary judgment and affirmance on appeal of non-infringement on behalf of Return Path in CBT Flint Partners, LLC v. Return path, Inc, and Cisco Ironport Systems, LLC.
- The release of options worth nine figures held in a bankruptcy estate on behalf of one of the world’s largest hedge funds.
- A judgment of damages for trademark and copyright infringement, including attorneys fees, amounting to 125 times the infringers' profits in UMG Recordings, Inc. v. Select-O-Hits, Inc.
- Sanctions and a default judgment in the trial court and on appeal on behalf of the plaintiff in Motown Record Company, LP v. Motown Beverage Company of Ohio.
- A favorable settlement on behalf of Atlantic Recording Corporation and Led Zeppelin in contract action brought by former attorney.
- A summary judgment dismissing a contract claim by a recording artist against Sony Music
- A reversal of trial court’s rejection of a claim of trademark infringement, leading to the infringer changing its name.