Scott R. Smith
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5303||f. +1.917.332.3711|
Scott Smith concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial and corporate finance. He serves as counsel to a wide range of clients in connection with:
- securitizations and structured financings
- public and private asset-backed securities offerings
- monetization of royalty revenues
- asset-based and cash flow financings
- loan syndications and participations
- subordinated debt financings
- commercial paper financings
- acquisition financings
- intercreditor relationships
- healthcare and pharmaceutical financings
- oil and gas financings
- private offerings of debt securities
- hedging transactions
- joint ventures
- Global information company in connection with the $700 million acquisition financing for stock of an automotive data and marketing solutions provider.
- NASDAQ-listed brand management company in connection with a $275 million term loan facility and a $150 million revolving credit facility, each secured by royalty revenues, and a $270 million convertible note issuance, the proceeds of which financed acquisitions.
- Private equity fund in connection with a $90 million senior secured credit facility and a $20 million convertible subordinated note issuance, the proceeds of which financed the acquisition of a leading global marine supplier for and servicer of ocean-going vessels.
- Private equity fund in connection with a $25 million senior secured term loan provided to a distributor of motion pictures, television series and other video content.
- Private equity fund in connection with a $195 million secured credit facility provided to an oil and gas exploration company for the purpose of acquiring and exploiting oil and natural gas reserves.
- NASDAQ-listed specialized health services provider in connection with a $213 million senior secured credit facility and a $70 million convertible subordinated note issuance, the proceeds of which financed an acquisition and refinanced existing debt.
- NASDAQ-listed brand management company in connection with a $185 million securitization of royalty revenues generated by specific brands.
- Pharmaceutical company in connection with a $36 million secured revolving and term loan credit facility used for acquisitions and working capital purposes.
- U.S. shipyard in connection with an $850 million secured credit facility, the proceeds of which financed the building and charter of product tankers.
- NYSE-listed global provider of technological information, related decision-support tools and strategic and operational services in connection with a $1.4 billion unsecured multicurrency credit facility.
- Financial services firm in its capacity as placement agent for the issuance of senior secured 144A notes in connection with a royalty revenue monetization.
- OTC Bulletin Board-listed oil and gas exploration and production company in connection with a $300 million credit facility to provide funds for acquisitions and a development program.
- Real estate company in connection with the securitization of lease revenues and issuances of net-lease mortgage notes.
- Private equity fund in connection with a $58 million senior secured revolving and term loan facility secured by life insurance policies.
- NYSE-listed manufacturer and distributor of wire and cable products for use in the energy, industrial, specialty and communication markets in connection with a $700 million secured multicurrency credit facility.