Jerry D. Bernstein
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5511||f. +1.917.332.3766|
Jerry D. Bernstein concentrates his practice in the areas of white collar criminal law and complex corporate and commercial litigation, handling high-profile cases throughout the country. Mr. Bernstein has chaired Blank Rome's White Collar Defense and Investigations practice group, and represents both individuals and corporations in areas including:
- criminal prosecutions and grand jury investigations involving antitrust, securities, public corruption, FCPA, tax, money laundering, environmental, government contracts, and insurance fraud
- corporate internal investigations
- SEC and other federal regulatory proceedings
- civil RICO and qui tam cases
- commercial arbitrations before the American Arbitration Association and the International Chamber of Commerce
- design and implementation of corporate compliance programs
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Bernstein was a f
Mr. Bernstein serves as the Village Justice in
Mr. Bernstein is a co-author of Audit Committees, published by the Bureau of National Affairs, on the establishment and maintenance of effective audit committees after the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Representation of company CEO in DOJ Antitrust Division criminal investigation of multi-national chemical companies for price fixing.
- Representation of high-level executive at international shipping company in DOJ Antitrust Division criminal investigation and prosecution of Japanese and European shipping companies for market allocation and bid rigging.
- Representation of company in DOJ Antitrust Division criminal investigation of film production companies and advertising agencies for bid rigging.
- Representation of Creative Artists Agency and Frank Darabont in high-profile litigation against AMC Network in contract dispute over licensing fees involving the hit show, "The Walking Dead.”
- Acquittal after 11-month trial of high-level Marsh & McLennan executive in criminal antitrust prosecution brought by New York State Attorney General. Following the verdict, Mr. Bernstein was named American Lawyer’s “Litigator of the Week”.
- Representation of public company employees in DOJ Antitrust Division and European Commission criminal investigation of automobile industry.
- Representation of Chairman/President/CEO of publicly-traded shipping company in DOJ Antitrust Division criminal investigation.
- Representation of overseas executive in DOJ Antitrust Division criminal investigation of thin-film transistor liquid crystal display industry (TFT-LCD).
- Representation of national food supplier and manufacturer in DOJ Antitrust Division criminal investigation.
- Representation of two managing directors at major investment bank in DOJ Antitrust Division criminal investigation into bid rigging and kickbacks in issuance of municipal bonds.
- Representation of hedge fund in SEC high-speed trading investigation.
- Trial of high-profile public official in federal public corruption case in Las Vegas.
- Representation of world-wide internet gaming companies and their executives in federal criminal investigations and civil forfeiture cases.
- Representation of country's largest mortgage due diligence firm in connection with sub-prime mortgage investigations by the New York State Attorney General, SEC, and Connecticut Attorney General.
- Representation of securities firm and principals in U.S. Attorney's Office and SEC “Squawk Box” investigation and prosecution of front-running by firm's traders.
- Representation of national cosmetics company in federal civil RICO trial.
- Representation of bank president in federal criminal bank fraud case.
- Representation of U.S. software manufacturer in ICC arbitration proceeding in Paris.
- Representation of major U.S. chemical company in $300 million fraudulent conveyance litigation in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Delaware.
- Representation of national mortgage company in federal criminal investigation and related qui tam action and HUD regulatory proceedings.
- Representation of global chemical company in multi-district MTBE litigation.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Bernstein is a member of the White Collar Crime Committee of the American Bar Association, the Federal Bar Council, and the American Judges Association.
- AV Preeminent, listed by Martindale-Hubbell
- 2008–2018, Criminal Defense: White-Collar, listed in Best Lawyers in America©
- New York City’s top litigators, listed by Super Lawyers and New York magazine
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.