Michael A. Scheffler
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5470||f. +1.917.332.3825|
Michael Scheffler has more than 30 years of experience in commercial real estate matters. Mr. Scheffler advises investment banks, financial institutions, Fortune 500 companies, municipal governments, and institutional and family-owned real estate firms with respect to:
- major development projects
- acquisitions and dispositions of office buildings and commercial and industrial properties
- property management and building operations contracts
- construction disputes
Mr. Scheffler co-authors articles on real estate and construction topics that appear in industry journals and national publications including “Improving the Process – Construction Contracting and Project Administration Can be Easier” (Corporate Real Estate Leader), "Protecting Owners in Private Construction Projects from Unfavorable Provisions in State Prompt Payment Acts" (Real Estate Finance), and "Sept. 11 Impacted Risk of Loss Doctrine" (New York Law Journal).
- Construction of 2.3-million-square-foot global headquarters in New York City for international investment bank.
- Represented a world-renowned chef/proprietor of a restaurant in Napa Valley, California, in connection with lease, construction and partnership matters for his four-star restaurant in New York City.
- Development of tallest office building in New Jersey and related improvements, including pier and ferry terminal, underground garage, park, and site improvements.
- Acquisition of seven power plants in Ohio and Pennsylvania for $1.7 billion.
- Acquisition from a renowned commercial real estate developer of a warehouse under construction for a home furnishings manufacturer.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Scheffler is a recipient of the National Young Leadership Award presented by UJA Federation. He is active in UJA Federation of Westchester, and is the past chair of the Larchmont/Mamaroneck Division. He has also served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Jewish Child Care Association.
Mr. Scheffler is a Member of the Board of Directors of the Hillels of Westchester.